USB Capture HDMI Gen2
Record or stream an HDMI signal via USB 3.0 with the Magewell USB Capture HDMI Gen 2. With its HDMI v1.4a input, this capture device will accept resolutions of up to 1920 x 1200 at 60p. If you need to stream or record at a certain resolution the USB Capture HDMI will internally up or down-covert the input signal to the set resolution. The USB Capture HDMI dongle can also perform frame-rate conversion and de-interlacing in real-time with its own hardware, taking the processing load off of your computer’s CPU.
Because the USB Capture HDMI device uses the existing drivers on your computer, the capture device will work with any software that supports these drivers. If you don’t have a USB 3.0 port available, then the USB Capture HDMI dongle can work with a USB 2.0 port. Although the resolution and frame rate capabilities will be reduced due to the restricted bandwidth.
Magewell usb capture hdmi gen2 – highlights
- No need to install drivers in Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, real plug and play.
- Automatically determine the input video format and automatically convert it to the specified output size and frame rate.
- Automatically determine the input audio format and automatically convert it to 48 KHz PCM stereo audio.
- Hardware Scaling and De-Interlacing
- Backward Compatible with USB 2.0
- Onboard RAM for Stream Buffering
- Support up to 2048 x 1260p 60Hz video input.
- Video output support up to 1920 x 1200p 60 Hz.
- Video & audio processing is done by the dongle and will not occupy CPU. The processing includes up/down scaling of video resolution, frame rate and audio sampling rate.
- Support brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and other image adjustment functions.
- Support output format: 4:4:4, 4:2:2, YUY2, RGB 24, 8 Bit.
Magewell usb capture hdmi gen2
|Interface||Video Engine||Signal Detection & Support||Software Environment|
• HDMI x1
• Support input resolution up to 2048×2160 pixels
• USB 3.0
|8-bit video processing|
Color Space Conversion
Aspect Ratio Conversion
Mirror and Flip
|Auto Detection of Input Signal Format|
• Windows, Linux, Mac, Chrome OS
Driver and Firmware
• Driver Free, Updatable Firmware
• USB Capture Utility, Capture Express
The USB Capture HDMI uses the existing drivers on your computer. The capture device will work with any software that supports those drivers. If you don’t have a USB 3.0 port available, the USB Capture HDMI will work with a USB 2.0 port. The resolution and frame rate capabilities will be reduced due to the restricted bandwidth.